This is so exciting! One of my goals for this summer was to create this blog and reach 1000 views by July 31st (why this date, well summer would kinda be over for me by then). Awesomely bakeandread already surpassed that number! And for that reason I decided to bake a recipe I’ve been wanting to do for a long time STRAWBERRY TARTLETS!
This was one of my fav desserts ever when I was little, I used to always order when my mom would take me to cafés J
Thank you so much to everyone who’s visit my blog and has been keeping up with either Waltz, Coffee & the City or the recipes I’ve been posting ❤ Seriously, it’s made me so happy ^.^!
Here’s the recipe:
- – 2c milk (it can be any kind, I use 1%)
- – ¼ cup of cornstartch
- – ¼ cup of sugar
- – 2 egg yolks
- – A little bit of lemon zest
- – 1tsp of vanilla extract
- – ½ tsp of salt
Base de la tartaleta
- – 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- – ¼ cup of powder sugar (it has to be powder sugar so it mixes better with the rest of the ingredients)
- – A pinch of salt.
- – 1 tbsp of cocoa powder (you can skip this step if you want)
- – 1 bar of unsalted butter (COLD, cut in small pieces)
Make sure that the butter is cold y not at room temperature. Do not put a lot of lemon zest in the custard, the zest gives it a slight lemon pie taste, if you don’t like it simply skip this ingredient. For the tartlets I used molds with removable bottoms but you can use whichever you have.
[FOR THE COMPLETE PROCESS PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG bakeandread.wordpress.com go to ENGLISH –> Recipes –> Strawberry tartlets. LIKE/COMMENT/FOLLOW/SHARE ❤ :)]