This is a recipe I’ve been meaning to do for a while, a few months ago I had an appreciation lunch with people from work and we had lava cake, it was so delicious and it is certainly so easy to make that I had been craving it ever since!
For those of you who don’t know, Lava Cake is this dessert that’s neither a brownie nor a cake, cakey and soft on the outside and gooey on the inside.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe:
And for visual directions click HERE to watch the video 🙂
- – 90% cocoa chocolate (about 6oz)
- – 3tbsp unsalted butter (soften)
- – 2/3 cup of sugar
- – 1 egg
- – 2/3 cup of flour
- – Strawberries *optional
- – Powder sugar *optional
- – Preheat oven to 350°F
- – Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave
- – In a small bowl cream the butter and the sugar
*You can either use a fork or a whisk*
- – Add the egg and continue whisking
- – Add melted chocolate and combine
- – Put the mix in a plastic bag (optional, you can add it directly to the molds)
- – Grease two ramequins (or mini cake molds like I did ;p)
- – Pour the batter onto the molds
- – Bake for 15-17min
- – Add strawberries and powder sugar for garnishing
- – Enjoy!
This recipe is super easy and absolutely delicious!
As always, thank you so much for reading! Please LIKE it, SHARE it with your friends, and COMMENT your thoughts or any questions :)!