If you don’t like really sweet treats but yet you do like cookies, this is definitely a recipe you should try. My dad isn’t a big fan of sweets, my mom loves oatmeal and my sisters love my treats ^.^ so whenever I make these babies they’re gone in a heartbeat ❤ :)! When I first made oatmeal cookies I was trying to stay healthy so I used a vegan alternative, I’m leaving the substitutions on parenthesis if you want to try that.
- – 2c all-purpose flour (or 4c quick cooking oats)
- – 3 cups quick cooking oats (avoid this for vegan alternative)
- – 1tsp baking soda
- – 1tsp salt
- – 1 ½tsp ground cinnamon
- – 1tbsp cocoa powder
- – 1 bar butter (soften) (1/4c + 2tbsp extra light olive oil)
- – 1/2c sugar (1/2c honey)
- – 2 eggs (2 ripped bananas)
- – 1tsp vanilla extract
If you choose to use the vegan alternative just keep in mind that it WILL look healthy, the consistency will be slightly different (softer, most likely) and it will taste different (less sweet), they both taste good but to be honest fat is more delicious haha! Make sure to use EXTRA LIGHT olive oil, you don’t want that nasty taste of extra virgin olive oil on your sweet treats…! You can add raisins/chocolate/nuts to the recipe just add them after mixing all the listed ingredients.
- – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- – In a small bowl mix together the first six ingredients and set aside.
- – In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar/honey.
- – Beat in eggs one at a time (or add the mashed bananas).
- – Add the vanilla to the mixture.
- – Add the dry ingredients to the butter/banana mixtures.
Time to preheat the oven to 375F (190C)!
- – Take some of the mixture (1tbsp at a time) roll it and flatten it on the baking sheet till they’re about 1/4in thick.
- – Repeat process till you’re out of dough (make sure to place the cookies about an inch apart from each other).
- – If you’re adding raisins/chocolate/nuts to the cookies, I like to add some of them on top :)!
- – Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10min.
- – Once they’re done, let them cool for about 5min on the baking sheet.
- – Now, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely (about 8-10min).
As I told you guys before, the amount of them varies so let me know how many you make :)! <3!
[adapted from http://www.allrecipes.com ]