PEANUT BUTTER BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 ripe medium bananas (or two small ones), mashed
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons of peanut butter (make sure it’s creamy not crunchy), melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cups milk chocolate chips (or you can just go crazy with them)
For the unsalted butter and the peanut butter. In a bowl, place the butter, add some water and heat it up in the microwave for about 1-2min. Do the same for the peanut butter and let it cool. Do this 15min before you start the recipe, so they have enough time to cool.
- – Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- – In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients together (first four ingredients).
- – After the butter and the peanut butter have cooled, combine them together along with the sugar.
- – Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- – Add the mashed banana, the mixture will not be smooth.
- – Add the dry ingredients little by little, combining well after each addition (for this I like to use my hands, but you can also use a wooden spoon).
- – Fold in the chocolate chips.
If you haven’t done so, now is a good time to start pre-heating you oven to 325F (163C).
Now time to make that cookie shape : )!
- – Take a little bit of the mixture (about 1tbsp) and roll it in your hands into a ball and place it on the baking sheet, flatten it to is about 1/8 inch thick, repeat the process until you ran out of cookie dough. Make sure that the cookies are about 2in apart (very important, otherwise you’ll end up with one huge cookie).
- – Bake for 10-12min (the bottom just but slightly brown but not burn).
- – Let them cool for about 5-10min and ENJOY!
[adapted from www. howsweeteats. com ]
The recipe makes 18-20 cookies. Hope you try it out! I’d be more than happy to know how they turn out for you!