Hey there cutie pie :)!
First of all, so sorry for not posting in such a looooong time! I’ll do my best to keep my posts consistent this 2016 😀 and keep this blog from dying haha!
This is a recipe I did for Thanksgiving, it was my first time making it and well it didn’t quite go as well although it was tasty :), I tried it again for Christmas and wow! It was literally an amazingly tasty pie!
What did I learn from this experience? It’s worth to invest on a really good baking pan, and if it’s for pie like berry pies or apple pie, use the glass dish.
Here’s the recipe:
- Either go to my Apple pie recipe and make that crust OR
- Buy a frozen pie crust (I used a frozen one)
- – 1 12oz Can of Evaporated Milk (make sure to shake it well before opening)
- – 1 12oz Can of Organic Pumpkin puree
- – ¾ – 1c of Granulated White Sugar
- – 2 Organic eggs
- – 1 tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- – Preheat the Oven to 425°F (220°C)
- – Take the dough out the fridge. I used the one that’s already on the aluminum plate so I only have to pour the mix and put it on the oven.
- – On a medium bowl, add all the ingredients, in the described order, and whisk them together until you obtain a smooth mixture. The pumpkin smell might feel really strong (because it’s organic, but believe me it’s worth it), if you do not want it as strong in the flavor, add the remaining 1/4c of sugar to make in 1c of sugar in total.
- – Pour the mixture in the crust and put it in the oven to bake for 15min. If your pie is too strong for the amount of mixture, DO NOT TRY TO FILL IT UP, it will pour out in the oven! Put a baking sheet on the medium rack and place the baking dish there to bake (in case it does pour out).
… 15min later
- – Reduce the temperature to 350°F
- – Bake for 50min-1hr
… 50min-1hr later
- – Take it out and let it cool completely.
- – Then, put it on the fridge to set for 4hrs – overnight
- – Cut a piece add some whipped cream and ENJOY!
I made apple pie and pumpkin pie for Christmas, they devoured the pumpkin pie, so even if you don’t like pumpkin as much give this a try, I’m sure you won’t regret it ;)!
If you liked this recipe, please hit the LIKE button, comment your thoughts and write any questions you may have. Subscribe to receive notifications of recipes like this and share so others can view this recipe!
Thank you for reading, and you have a WONDERFUL DAY ❤ 🙂
Recipe modified from LauraInTheKitchen.com