APPLE TURNOVERS, if you ask me, are like mini apple pies <3!
Who loves apple pie? I hope of you 🙂
I know I do! Try this recipe, this is by far the easiest recipe I’ve done. This is a really laid-back recipe so even if you’re not a huge baking fan, you should give it a try.
The best part about this particular recipe was that I got a little help from my sister ❤ she’s not a big fun of baking but for some reason she likes peeling and cooking :)!
- – 3 big apples (red delicious or 6 gala apples)
- – ¾ cup sugar
- – 3tsp cinnamon
- – ¼ cup flour
- – 3tbsp butter
- – 2 sheets of puff pastry
- – Line up a cookie tray with parchment paper
- – Let the puff pastry sheets thaw for about 30-40min so it’s nice and moldable.
- – Peel the apples and cut them in small cubes. Peeling is my least favorite part but it’s worth t
he effort ;), believe me! My sister did the peeling for me tho haha!
- – In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- – Add the apples to the mixture and add the flour (this will help the mixture to spread better in the pastry)
- – Cut the puff pastry sheets in 12 even squares/ rectangles, this will give you 24 small turnovers, or get 6 squares of each sheet if you want them bigger. If you go for the smaller ones, be mindful that they might not turnout to be perfect squares and, like me, you’ll be force to make some of them rectangle turnovers (they’re equally delicious tho!)
TIME TO PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 400°F (about 204°C)
- – Add about 2-4tbsp of the mixture to each square and fold them in triangles / rectangle
s, use the melted butter as glue, fold the corners over and use a fork press and seal the edges.
- – Coat the turnovers with some butter and drizzle raw sugar on top.
- – Bake for 25-30min.
- – Let them cool on a wire rack for about 20min.
- – Enjoy with maybe some ice cream or whipped cream? 😉
Thank you so much for reading! Don’t forget to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE and please do COMMENT 😀 I get so happy when I get comment notifications :)!
Hope you all have an amazing day! And see you next time 😉