This was the first time I turned on the oven by myself haha! So I thought it’d make a great first post :)!
I made these cuties for our first sisters’ night. My sisters and I have sisters’ nights quite often when we get together during the holidays/summer. The letters on the picture stand for their name and mine, guess which one’s mine!? :O
LET’S GET STARTED
For this you’ll need the following:
- 4 egg whites (quick whites liquid would work perfectly, but if you only have eggs just separate them and save the yolks for another recipe) Let this stand in a bowl at room temperature for 30min.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (this means you have to take the butter out of the fridge like 30-50min ahead of time)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened (take it out ahead of time)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries chopped
- 70% Cacao chocolate melted
Make sure you’re using the ingredients listed above or the substitutes I’ve written in parenthesis. If you don’t have something and don’t have time to go get them visit the substitutions window for a complete list of substitutions.
If you forget to take out the butter ahead of time and don’t have time then place it on a microwavable bowl and heat it for about 10-15s (this actually depends on the power of your microwave, on how fast it heats up the food, could be less or could be more) this should soften the butter but don’t melt it, if you melt it then you’ll have to use another bar. Waiting for it to naturally soften is always better.
- – Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- – In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- – In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternating with sour cream (or plain yogurt), beating well after each addition. Use a wooden spoon for this.
- – Beat egg whites with clean beaters until stiff peaks form. Fold a third of the egg whites into batter. Fold in remaining egg whites and strawberries.
- – Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans then set aside to cool completely.
While the muffins are in the oven, take out your electric beater and:
- – In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- – Add some water in a saucepan, and place a glass bowl on top, add the 70% cacao chocolate (do not use semi-sweet, you could but it’d be too much sugar) melt the chocolate and place it on a plastic bag. Close the bag tightly and make a little hole in the bottom and on a sheet of wax paper make the letters or draw whatever shape you want. Place this on the fridge for like 1-2min and you’ll have your chocolate figures!!! 😀
After the muffins have cooled, add the frosting, garnish with strawberries and place the chocolate figures/letters on top.
Recipe serves about 18 cupcakes, but it honestly depends on how much batter you put on each one haha!
Leave a comment and tell me how many you make 🙂 And now… enjoy the story and let me know what you think ;)!